Re: New to list, first Q: MGF?

To: Der schwarze Buccaneer <js-allen@students.uiuc.edu>,
Subject: Re: New to list, first Q: MGF?
From: The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
Date: Mon, 03 Nov 1997 07:34:38 -0500
At 10:48 PM 11/2/97 -0600, you wrote:
My first question, however, is about the MGF [probably in the faq,
>but I don't have one yet, so bear with me please].  I've wondered, ever
>since I heard rumors about it, why is it not available in the States?

Welcome aboard, Scott. As for the F, this has been kicked around before, and
basically there seems to be no ONE reason. Federal Regulations, F production
quality and capacity, the Z3, legal complications concerning jilted dealers
from a previous pullout, and Rovers supposed 4x4 dealer network now in place
not thinking it worth the investment to sell just one model of 2wd
automobile have all been sited as 'official' and 'un-official' reasons.
  Having popped in on the MGF bbs from time to time, I'd say they'd better
learn to build the thing better before they tackle the persnickity North
American market.

Michael, New Bern, NC (I'd consider one, I'm not all that persnickity)