RE: Curious Snaps

To: David Stecher <DavidAndMichelleS@classic.msn.com>
Subject: RE: Curious Snaps
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Fri, 7 Nov 1997 16:40:21 -0800 (PST)
Dear Netters,

Maybe they are where the carpet snaps on over the battery compartment
lid?

On Sat, 8 Nov 1997, David Stecher wrote:

=%OI should have noted on my first post that these are not the snaps that the
=%Oseat fastens to.  Those I know where they are and use them all the time.  so
=%Ofar the most sensible answer that I have gotten is that they are in the same
=%Oplace that Alan Bidgood fastens his top to when its down.
=%O
=%ODavid Stecher
=%O
=%O----------
=%OFrom:        owner-mgs@autox.team.net on behalf of David Stecher
=%OSent:        Friday, November 07, 1997 2:37 PM
=%OTo:  mgs@autox.team.net
=%OSubject:     Curious Snaps
=%O
=%OOK Question.
=%O
=%OI was removing my batteries for the winter and I discovered a couple of
=%O"snaps" that have me puzzled.
=%O
=%OI have a '73 BGT and two snaps were located under the seat in front of the
=%Obattery boxes and just into the end of the carpet as it folded onto the top
of
=%O
=%Othe battery area.  The other two were located about two inches above the
=%Oopenings to check and fill the rear shocks.  They are all the male end of
the
=%Osnap.
=%O
=%ODoes any one know why these are here?  Is there a cover to "snap on" to
=%Oreplace the back seat?
=%O
=%OThanks in advance.
=%O
=%ODavid Stecher
=%OUrbandale Iowa
=%O
=%O
=%O
=%O

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II