Re: 79 Midget Questions

To: <Wetmgs@aol.com>, "MG List" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 79 Midget Questions
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sat, 8 Nov 97 08:57:30 -0500
On 11/7/97 10:58 PM so and so  Wetmgs@aol.com said. (And I quote)

>Just bought a 79 midget with USA specs.  Am dismantling for minor body work
>and paint, rubber replacement, new carpet and such.  Have a few questions:
>Is it normal to have to remove bonnet to remove battery?
If you the group 26 (24?) battery Yes. When we took a trip down Skyline
this past summer I had to replace the battery and got (the only one I
could find on a Sunday) a battery for a Honda. It is about 6" deep and is
easy to replace w/o removing the bonnet. Not sure how well it will last
though. As to the Wing Vent - No Idea. Sorry. Moss has a rebuilt Starter
for $97.50 #541-540, VB $60.45 #8-155-R.
Hope this helps

Larry Macy
78 Midget