Re: Women -=- WAS: We didn't win and it's MY fault

To: "Ross MacPherson" <arm@unix.infoserve.net>,
Subject: Re: Women -=- WAS: We didn't win and it's MY fault
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 97 09:20:40 -0500
>At 03:00 PM 11/9/97 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>Where does one find women who don't object to LBC's? My girlfriend (now ex
>>girlfriend) chewed me up and spit me out when I told her that I bought my
>>B. (Imagine the fun if I had told her that it didn't run...!) She exclaimed
>>that she would never ride in it, why didn't I want to keep driving my
>>Mercury, etc.

<BIG SNIP>

>To those of you single types still searching, keep up the hunt.  To those of
>you other OF's  saddled with an unsympathetic SO, my heartfelt condolences.
>
>  Ross MacPherson
> 1947 MG-TC 3528
> 1966 MGB-GT
Well I found my SO in HS Drama class, 22 yrs ago. We bought our first MG,
a 75 Midget, from money she had gotten from an insurance settlement on a
house that was flattened in a tornado. (We were not in residence). We
decided to go to Denver and take a weekend to look around. We had
decided, with a little push from me, to look at LBC"s first then make a
decision. We looked at Midgets, B's, A's, Spits, TR4 and 6's, also some
anonymous American cars, this was the day of the Mustang II eeych. She
decided on the Midget. (she's 4'10" - it fit). This was in 1977. We
bought the car used w/ 9000 miles from a British Leyland dealer. I do the
work she drives as often as possible. :-( I wanna drive. Most of the time
when I work on the car, for instance a couple of weeks ago when I had to
pull the radiator, she was right there giving me a hand. I usually get
her help or the 21 yr old daughter (Sorry Ben she's spoken for). So Keep
Looking.

Larry Macy
Janet (SO for 22 yrs)
Kristi (21, Helpin' hands for 15 yrs)
Stef (14 Too interested in boys)
78 Midget (in family for 15 yrs)

PS Maybe the 14 isn't interested 'cuz we've had the Midget longer than
her ;-)