Re: Redi Strip-- Pros vs. Cons

To: "A. B. Bonds" <ab@vuse.vanderbilt.edu>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Redi Strip-- Pros vs. Cons
From: Ray McCrary <spook01@mindspring.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Nov 1997 20:10:02 -0600
Hi everyone,

I took my Bugeye to the RediStrip in Evansville, IN.  The entire body and
bonnet was dipped. They both came out incredibly clean, looking like new
steel. No bondo, rust, etc.
I have had other dippers work on cars before, and they ARE NOT ALL THE
SAME. Most do not neutralize all of the acid or alky solution leading to
having to repaint the car later when the seams blister.
The Redi Strip guys have consistantly re moved every trace of the alky
solution, and of the three cars (all unibody) that I have had done, none
have turned out to have later problems.
In addition, the older RediStrips have a grandfathered ability to continue
to use arsenic in the solution, allowing extended storage with out fear of
re rusting in a fairly dry environment.  (I had one car that was dipped and
then put away in my garage for 7 years with out rusting!!!)
I have found no 'cons' as far as RediStrip is concerned; I have had
problems with the noname companies.
I recommend at least the RediStrip in Evansville without any reservations.
Best Regards,
Ray