Re: Engine Paint

To: drded@ix.netcom.com, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Engine Paint
From: JMerz140@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 11:20:31 -0500 (EST)
After much looking around, I used Rustoleum Burgundy #7768 in spray cans for
my latest engine rebuild.  I felt it was almost a toss-up over Rustoleum
Regal Red #7765.  Actually, we'll probably never exactly duplicate the
original because the paint changed shade with time and heat.  When I went to
a "T Party" this summer, there were so many different shades and colors on
engines that it almost made me wonder why I spent so much time trying to
decide between the two Rustoleums.  I still preferred my color over what I
saw that day.  Jim