Re: Engine Paint

To: <SHedman123@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Engine Paint
From: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>
Date: Sun, 16 Nov 97 12:27:34 -0500
On 11/16/97 4:08 AM so and so  SHedman123@aol.com said. (And I quote)

>I have a NOS engine block for a Twin Cam, it's been covered inside from new.
>The paint fade is probably minimal. I will try to get one of those computer
>paint scanners in the Chicago area and try to figure out the current paint
>code if enough people think it would be useful.
>On the other hand, this could be the start of another discussion similar to
>"What is British Racing Green".  The original discussion from hell.
>
>"Midget" Susan
As a former Arky "I said paint this bastard British Racing Green" The
dude said
"Okey Dokey"
Now I thought that BRG was a standard color - wrong.
I ended up with a brooklands green . and that ain't half bad. But the
purist will say "shoulda left it red" As we have had a thread on this
list - what is red?

Larry Macy
78 Midget

Hadda throw the BIG tag line in a'fur shure somebody said pretentious

Larry B. Macy, Ph.D.
macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu
System Manager/Administrator
Neuropsychiatry Section