Re: Engine Paint

To: plandy@idt.net
Subject: Re: Engine Paint
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 20:45:37 EST
On Sat, 15 Nov 1997 15:53:12 -0800 Peter Landy <plandy@idt.net> writes:

>..... Jim, is the Rustoleum paint suitable for hot steel surfaces?  My
impression was that one has to use paint specially formulated for high
temperature steel.

Acrylic enamel works fine on engines.  I had a quart  mixed at the local
auto paint store to match a sample from a Moss spray can.  Cost me $16
and lasted several years and through several engine paintings (not all my
own).  I guess that comes to about  $3 for each engine painted.  Just had
another quart mixed up recently, cost $20 this time.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude