Re: radio wiring

To: mgbob@juno.com, mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
Subject: Re: radio wiring
From: JustBrits@aol.com
Date: Sat, 15 Nov 1997 18:18:21 -0500 (EST)
In a message dated 97-11-15 15:53:26 EST, mgbob@juno.com writes:

<< To:  mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu
 CC:    cfrazer@ballmer.uoregon.edu, mgs@autox.team.net

 Hi Mike,
   I have used them a few times, and our '72 GT had a number of them.  Now
 it's down to none, because one-by-one they failed to conduct electricity.
  They looked OK, just did not pass the juice (or smoke).  So, while they
 may be OK for a temporary thing, I would suggest that new wire and shrink
 wrap would be the best way to go.
   BTW, a tip from an electronics friend--if you have to run a new wire
 and you don't have the same color,  take the time to make the ends of the
 "new" wire out of the original wire, so you can see that the purple with
 blue spots tracer has a beginning and an end even though it's mauve, or
 puce, or an earthtone in the middle.
 Bob >>
Gents:

   Although I must have missed (can't imagene AOL or major domo dropping mail
- I ' ll get it thur of fri) this tread, I can get the correct LBC wire (in
most cases) from UK.  No minimum.
Regards,

      Ed