de-smogging

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: de-smogging
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 1997 17:43:44 EST
One of the benefits of a long weekend such as the one upon which we are
embarking
is the likelihood of having a few hours to do something productive in the

garage without constant interruptions to drive progeny hither and thither
or
to perform lengthy, pointless tasks such as lawn maintenance, painting
ceilings
taking junk to the recycling centre etc.
It is my intention to commence de-smogging of the 69 this weekend. The
airpump
siezed about three months ago and since the beast is now mercifully
exempt from all
local smog laws there seems little point in repairing it.
Im sure some of you have done this - anyone got a good checklist of what
needs to
be done, what problems are encountered etc -
A couple of questions come to mind
1) what is the best way to plug the holes in the head once i take the air
manifold off?
2) what other apertures need to be blanked and what is the best way to do
it?
3) do i need to adjust timing or mixture once the car is de-smogged?
4) what is the meaning of life? - oops wrong list!

All experience and ideas welcomed as ever.....

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT
72 roadster
dictionary to look up words like "Sibyl"