Re: Wedgies? Was Re: MG styling and Eastman's Drivel Part 2

To: Larry Macy <macy@bblmail.psycha.upenn.edu>,
Subject: Re: Wedgies? Was Re: MG styling and Eastman's Drivel Part 2
From: Ray McCrary <spook01@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 08:23:24 -0600
>Question - Remember the TV commercials "The shape of things to come" Look
>at all of the "new" cars and tell me where they got the idea??

I believe that most of the 'jellybean' shapes came out of a wind tunnel.
The TR7 was a failure as a car; sort of a British Edsel.  The cars rusted,
the head gaskets blew, the transmissions broke, and the front suspensions
fell apart.  I'm sure there was more, but, time has been merciful and I've
forgotten the rest.
Road and Track had a survey in which about 80 percent of the owners said
they would never have another!
The TR8 was a pretty good car, but by then it was too late. (Ugly plaid
seats, though....)
On the other hand, MG has had a few bombs, too...
Regards,
Ray