RE: Purchase of new MGA

To: Ross MacPherson <arm@unix.infoserve.net>,
Subject: RE: Purchase of new MGA
From: Ray McCrary <spook01@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 27 Nov 1997 08:31:42 -0600
At 06:06 AM 11/27/97 -0800, Ross MacPherson wrote:
>At 01:41 PM 11/26/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>      Just an observation, whenever I drive the "A" I always get at
>>least
>>1 thumbs up and at least 1 "great car". When I drive the "B" seldom do I
>>get any comments. The "B" is a more comfortable and quicker car, but the
>>"A" has the looks. The TD, TF and TR3 fall into the same catagory as the
>>"A". They have classic lines. Don't get me wrong I love the "B" but if I
>>had to choose 1 I'm afraid the "A" would be the one.
>>...Art
>>
>Allow me to offer my $.02...
>
>When driving the TC, particularly with the windscreen down, I may see two or
>three cars whose occupants DON"T point, grin and/or wave.  I think rarity
>may have something to do with it.  I have an aquaintance with an M type who
>almost stops traffic (and not just the traffic behind him either!)
>
>  Ross MacPherson
> 1947 MG-TC 3528
> 1966 MGB-GT

First car driver- "Hey Bob, isn't that an MG there being rearended by that
duck?"

Pax- "Yeah, I used to have one 'til I got married....it was a '57 model.
Had to sell it, though.  The wife got tired of driving in a raincoat.

Driver- "I had a cuz who had one of the TC's. Pretty little thing. He sold
it because he got tired of wiping the bugs off of the BACK of the car...."

Pax- "Let's wave at the saps.  It'll make them feel better...they must be
freezing their asses off..."

And so it goes.....

Safety Fast! :-)

Ray