Re: MG styling and Eastman's Drivel Part 2

To: smrm@coastalnet.com
Subject: Re: MG styling and Eastman's Drivel Part 2
From: miker15@juno.com
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 1997 11:26:23 EST
On Wed, 26 Nov 1997 19:51:41 -0500 The Richards <smrm@coastalnet.com>
writes:
>At 08:37 AM 11/26/97 PST, you wrote:
>
>>I've always been bothered by this.  I'm also on the wedge (TR7/TR8)
>>list and they're always picking on MGs.  It's stupid.
>
>Wedgies picking on other cars? It took me a while to stop laughing. I
>mean,
>really, the car (TR7) that had more warranty claims than any BL
>product
>'cepting AAauto. I'm sorry. Really. I'm a multi-marque owner. Don't
>got
>nothin' 'gin TR2-6. But the 7? Oh, the TR8s are great. Make good
>engine
>donors;-)
>
>Michael, New Bern, NC

Its funny how time tempers the memory however, I have recounted (and
ranted)
about the literally dozens of problems i had when i made the almost
unforgivable
switch in 1976 from a 74 BGT to a "brand new" TR7. It was and is the
single worst
car i have ever owned - i mean 3 gearboxes in 1000 miles! the things were
full of
swarf, bolted on wrongly, noisy and basically a total embarassment! (now,
shall we
start on the green tartan interior.....or the built-in  IMMEDIATE rust
spots on the pop-ups!.)
However
The last few years i have found myself enjoying looking at them at shows,
chatting
with the folk that have stuck with them over the  years, i even drove one
last summer.
Im not going to get another any time soon - but they have their place in
LBC history
even if it is a low point and i suppose the balm of time has given me
some stories to
windbag about!

mike robson
69 roadster