Re: Switch removal/installation

To: Joseph Cianciotti <jmc987@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: Switch removal/installation
From: palte@rt.el.utwente.nl (Bert Palte)
Date: Fri, 28 Nov 97 17:39:20 +0100
>How do you remove and install switches in metal dash MGBs without
>damaging the dash or the switch bezel?  I ordered a tool from Eastwood's
>and it's not the right size.  Moss doesn't have one. And I can't find
>them anywhere else. Any ideas of where to look or how to make do?
>Thanks in advance.
>
>Joseph
>67 Roadster
>(And many questions)

I had  a tool specially made in my workshop for this purpose, similar to the
one depicted  in the Workshop Manual,
(=MGB Workshop Manual, AKD 3259 [13th Edition], page S.19, "18G 671 Switch
Bezel Light Spanner:").
Takes about 1 hour if you have access to a lathe and a milling machine.
There is nothing mysterious about the dimensions, but if you like, I can
give you the dimensions.

This tool is the only tool that will leave your switch bezels undamaged.

I assume you're talking about the ROUND (-pre-1972 on our cars, pre-1968? on
U.S. cars) chromium plated bezels.

Greetings
Bert

P.S. Hope you all had a nice Thanksgiving! (a festivity totally unknown over
here in Europe).

P.S.2. If more MG owners are iinterested, I might consider a production