RE: Yankee Go Home/Now Setting the record straight

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>,
Subject: RE: Yankee Go Home/Now Setting the record straight
From: Philip Raby <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 97 14:08:11 -0000
On 4/12/97 9:04 am jack Feldman said

>Not so Phil, cellular phones (AMPS-Advanced Mobile Phone service), were
>developed by Bell Labs, and trialed here in Chicago back in 1986 (or
>earlier?). Both CDMA (Code Division Multiplex), and TDMA (Time Division
>Multiples), were developed here also. GSM uses an outdated form of TDMA.
 Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't the USA still on an analogue system?
I know that the US is one of the few places I can't use my GSM digital
phone.

>I work in the Wireless (Cellular) part of Lucent Technologies and we sell
>all three systems all over the world .We also sell GSM (The Sultan of
>Bunei (sp?), the richest man in the world, was given his own GSM system
>as a birthday present, and we are now installing a second system for
>everyone else).
Quite a present eh?
BTW. I thought your very own Bill Gates was the richest man in the world?

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk