Re: Yankee Go Home/Now Setting the record straight

To: stecz@pswtech.com
Subject: Re: Yankee Go Home/Now Setting the record straight
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 12:27:19 -0600
On Thu, 04 Dec 1997 09:19:42 -0600 John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
writes:
>  i maybe terribly wrong, but i thought chrysler had a hand in eagle.
>i know that the talon, plymouth laser, and mitsu eclipse were the same
>car for a period of time....in fact, manyof chrysler's cars were re-
>badged mitsubishi's for awhile....since NAFTA, chrysler builds them in
>mexico...
>robt.

The Eagle name first appeared on an AMC vehicle in the 70's.  It was a
four-wheel drive version of a small sedan called the Commander(?).  At
the time it was considered a good execution.  I still see them on the
road occasionally, particularly in Colorado.   When Chrysler bought AMC
it had a couple of sedans about to go into production that were too far
along to cancel.  I've forgotten their names, but I believe they were
sold under the general name Eagle.  Like the Eagle Monaco, for example,
which I think was one.  Chrysler kept the Eagle name for a while, but
canceled it for the '98 model year.

David Littlefield
Houston, TX

David Littlefield