Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm

To: ninab@scoresheet.com
Subject: Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm
From: Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com>
Date: Thu, 4 Dec 1997 17:22:03 EST
In a message dated 97-12-04 13:16:28 EST, ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU writes:

<< Since I can't afford new upholstery right now and am tired of sitting on
 > the floor of my MGBGT, I decided to try and replace just the seat diaphragm
 > (the black rubber model).  Anyone have any good ideas on how to stretch the
 > rubber to fit (thought about heating, but have several of the hooks
 > attached already and don't want to put the whole seat in the oven), or ways
 > to make the rubber more pliable?  Or do I simply need to clone myself to
 > get the job done?  Thanks in advance.   Nina
 >  >>

     I attached the back ends and one side first.  Then I used a big
screwdriver through the metal frame that holds the rubber strips and against
the seat frame to leverage the whole apparatus towards the opposite sides.
With a pair of needlenose pliers I then inserted the loose hooks.
Tom Green