Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm

To: Nina Barton <ninab@scoresheet.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Seat Diaphragm
From: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 05 Dec 1997 20:05:09 +0000
Nina Barton wrote:

> Since I can't afford new upholstery right now and am tired of sitting on
> the floor of my MGBGT, I decided to try and replace just the seat diaphragm
> (the black rubber model).  Anyone have any good ideas on how to stretch the
> rubber to fit (thought about heating, but have several of the hooks
> attached already and don't want to put the whole seat in the oven), or ways
> to make the rubber more pliable?  Or do I simply need to clone myself to
> get the job done?  Thanks in advance.   Nina

I lay the seat upside down, got a 3 or 4 ft pole, wrapped a length of wire
around the pole and each diaphragm hook in turn, put a lump of timber
between the bottom of the pole and the side of the seat, stood on the seat
bottom, and levered the top of the pole away from me till the end of the hook
was over the hole.

PaulH.