RE: Yankee Go Home/Now Setting the record straight

To: Ray McCrary <spook01@mindspring.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: RE: Yankee Go Home/Now Setting the record straight
From: Gregory Kirk <gkirk@empirenet.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Dec 1997 23:46:41 -0800

Yes there is a tendency to forget just how large the US is,  all of Europe
would fit nicely in the Northeast part of the country.  In addition, the US
lacks the regulatory climate common to many other countries and tends to
let market forces determine wich technology will win.  The result is
sometime slower deployments, and sometime blindingly fast deployments of
new technology.

Greg

At 04:19 PM 12/4/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Of course some of the 50+ COUNTRIES are the size of a K Mart parking lot.
>I'm sure that politics are at work here in the States.
>
>Ray
>
> At 12:11 PM 12/4/97 -0800, Simon Matthews wrote:
>>PCS uses GSM technology, but operates at a different frequency.
>>
>>But for heavens sake:  "It is quite a large undertaking to equip a
>>>nation of this size "
>>
>>There are 50+ COUNTRIES where GSM works (and support international
>>roaming), I think that might be considered a significant undertaking.
>>Rather more significant than 50 states!
>>

>>---
>>Simon Matthews      Avant! Corporation
>>                    Phone:  (510) 413-8820
>>                    Fax:    (510) 413-8080
>>                    E-mail:  simon_matthews@avanticorp.com

"But I, being poor, have only my dreams;
 I have spread my dreams under your feet;
 Tread softly because you tread on my dreams."
                                  Yeats