Re: Yankee Go Home/Now Setting the record straight

To: Philip Raby <philip.raby@eos-magazine.com>
Subject: Re: Yankee Go Home/Now Setting the record straight
From: ENRIQUE CLAURE <span@datacom-bo.net>
Date: Fri, 5 Dec 1997 10:49:08 -0400
At 09:08 AM 12/5/97 -0000, you wrote:
>On 4/12/97 10:52 pm Enrique Claure said
>
>>Hi every one: I would like to add my 2 cts on the arrogance issue. After I
>>finished undergraduate and graduate studies in the US I returned to my
>>country in South America. I can tell for all the time I lived in the US=
 that
>>a great number of technological advances are mothered in the US. High End
>>audio for example, telecommunications, chemistry, so on so forth.
>[snip]
>
>Sorry to drag this out, but the UK definately produces the world's best=20
>hi-fi. Japanese companies set up research centres here to tap into the=20
>expertise. If you doubt this, listen to a Scottish Linn system - superb,=20
>but pricey.

I may not be an MG expert but when it comes to HI FI, I can really kick Ass.
First of Linn has very good hi fi gear as well and B&W, KEF, Quad. The
number of high end hifi producers in the US and Canada out number UK
probably by 50 to 1. Trying to find the best HI FI is impossible because
audio is very subjective. As far as amps go, Mark Levinson, Krell, Air
Tight, Counterpoint, Pass, Threshold, VTL, Acoustic Research, man!, you just
can=B4t these companies.  By the way, air tight is from Japan. For more
information I strongly suggest Stereophile, Audio, FI, Absolute Sound,
magazines.