Re: MGB Covers

To: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Subject: Re: MGB Covers
From: Robert Allen <boballen@sky.net>
Date: Sat, 20 Dec 1997 09:22:23 -0600
DANIEL RAY wrote:

> Listers,
> I know I asked about this before, but does anyone have any suggestions for a
>good, "fitted" cover for an MGB? Vicky Brit is the only one I've seen them in
>of all the catalogs I have. Any suggestions? If I buy the MGB I'm looking at,
>immediate protection will be a concern!

Check out http://www.covercraft.com/carcover.htm

I have a cover for both the C/GT and the TR6. The CGT is the cheapest
"Spun-Bond" version and it isn't exactly form fitting. The material is a
single layer. It came from Vicky British.

The one for the TR6 is a multi-layer form-fitted cover of much better
quality. I don't remember which of the grades but I think it is the
Technalon. I bought it from Moss through Dick Burger of British Parts
Connection (http://www.thebpc.com/) and I think it was a second I paid
about $90 for (11/96). I wish I knew the particulars as it is a very
nice fitted cover. The color is gray and I think all Technalons are tan,
however, so I don't know what I got for sure.

You might redirect your request to Skip Kelsey <kelsey@value.net> as he
is on the list and also is a Moss dsitributor. He might be able to tell
you what is what.

My advice is to search for fitted and don't go cheap. The Kimberly-Clark
synthetic material is pretty nice stuff. The TR6 has spent a lot of time
outside under the cover and it works pretty well. Dust does work its way
under the cover and rain/snow will eventually work its way down.
However, the underside is a soft, cushioned material. It is breathable
so what water that does get down there drys quickly.

The only concrete advice is I wouldn't but VBs cheap "Spun-Bond" one
again.

Bob Allen, Kansas City, 69CGT, 75TR6, 60Elva