Found My MGB!

To: "'MG List'" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Found My MGB!
From: DANIEL RAY <danray@bluegrass.net>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 19:53:27 -0600
Well, folks, I've found my car!
        I thought I'd share my excitement with you since my SO is not as =
enthused...("Are you happy now?")
        Now, all you prospective buyers out there -- patience pays, especially =
if you can wait 'til winter! I'm thinking this car is worth at least =
$1000 more than the $2500 I'm paying for it. I hope the Prince of =
Darkness doesn't smite me for that statement, though!
        It's a blaze (orange) '73 B. Zero rust that I could find, but the =
magnet found some bondo on both left corners, from a pretty respectable =
dent repair. The odometer reads 56K, and from the look of things, that's =
probably not too far off the mark. The top is thrashed and unusable, =
probably the original. The seats are original with a few tears. It runs =
like a champ, in fact, its the first one I've seen in the myriad I've =
looked at that didn't belch at least some smoke! Even the SUs have the =
original air filters! I detected a slight miss, which is probably since =
the owner never even messed with adjusting them. Even ALL of the guages =
work! The heater fan gave me a little squeal when I turned it on for =
about 5 seconds, then proceeded to blow happily.
        The turn signals worked great until I checked the hazard switch, then =
they started doing funny things. I seem to remember that they work off =
the same relay, and the hazard switch probably hasn't been touched in =
over a decade! The right head AND taillight didn't work, so that's =
probably a relay or connection too and not the bulbs, right? The car =
needs a new muffler, the spare tire is missing (it has the Rostyles), =
and the brakes were real mushy (I'm thinking air got into the system =
since its been sitting since August) and it doesn't have a radio...just =
a hole in the dash (I'll probably put a blank plate over it anyway). The =
oil pan gasket is leaking just a tad. And that's about it!!! Owner says =
it sat in a garage since '84 until a year ago.
        I'll save my questions on some things that need fixing for a later =
post.

Dan=20
Ft. Knox, KY
looking for a trailer so I can haul my topless beauty up here from =
Nashville!