Re: Found My MGB!

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Found My MGB!
From: Tom Buchanan <buchanan@preferred.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Dec 1997 20:05:30 -0500
At 07:53 PM 12/23/97 -0600, you wrote:
>Well, folks, I've found my car!
>       I thought I'd share my excitement with you since my SO is not as
enthused...("Are you happy now?")
>       Now, all you prospective buyers out there -- patience pays, especially
>if
you can wait 'til winter! I'm thinking this car is worth at least $1000
more than the $2500 I'm paying for it. I hope the Prince of Darkness
doesn't smite me for that statement, though!
>       It's a blaze (orange) '73 B. Zero rust that I could find, but the magnet
found some bondo on both left corners, from a pretty respectable dent
repair. The odometer reads 56K, and from the look of things, that's
probably not too far off the mark. The top is thrashed and unusable,
probably the original. The seats are original with a few tears. It runs
like a champ, in fact, its the first one I've seen in the myriad I've
looked at that didn't belch at least some smoke! Even the SUs have the
original air filters! I detected a slight miss, which is probably since the
owner never even messed with adjusting them. Even ALL of the guages work!
The heater fan gave me a little squeal when I turned it on for about 5
seconds, then proceeded to blow happily.
>       The turn signals worked great until I checked the hazard switch, then
they started doing funny things. I seem to remember that they work off the
same relay, and the hazard switch probably hasn't been touched in over a
decade! The right head AND taillight didn't work, so that's probably a
relay or connection too and not the bulbs, right? The car needs a new
muffler, the spare tire is missing (it has the Rostyles), and the brakes
were real mushy (I'm thinking air got into the system since its been
sitting since August) and it doesn't have a radio...just a hole in the dash
(I'll probably put a blank plate over it anyway). The oil pan gasket is
leaking just a tad. And that's about it!!! Owner says it sat in a garage
since '84 until a year ago.
>       I'll save my questions on some things that need fixing for a later post.
>
>Dan
>Ft. Knox, KY
>looking for a trailer so I can haul my topless beauty up here from Nashville!

Your're a happy camper! And I think we all can appreciate it. I got mine a
little over a month ago. I know how you feel!

Merry Christmas!

Tom Buchanan
buchanan@preferred.com
http://pages.preferred.com/~buchanan/mg.html