Re: Am I crazy?: Soon to be new B owner

To: David Altman <DAltman@novations.com>, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Am I crazy?: Soon to be new B owner
From: Chris Delling <saschris@flash.net>
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 1997 16:33:47 -0500
David-

Sounds like a great way to get started to me.  I happen to have a 77B, and
love it.  When I bought my car, it was in much worse shape than you
describe, and cost me a helluva lot more.

As for books, beyond a Haynes or Bentley manual (these are the nuts and
bolts books) I would highly recommend "MGB:
Preparation/Restoration/Maintenance" as an excellent choice.

I never worked on cars before buyin my B and have done everything myself
except welding and paint, which was too cost prohibitive for equipment,
given the fact thay I am not planning to restore a lot of cars in the
future.  I have done everything else, however, and have taught myself by
using information found in books, on this list, and from anyone else
willing to talk.

It's fun, and I recommend it highly.

Regards,

Chris Delling