Re: TD Oil Drain Plug

To: frankk@businesson.com
Subject: Re: TD Oil Drain Plug
From: barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
Date: Wed, 31 Dec 1997 01:06:55 EST
On Tue, 30 Dec 1997 18:19:53 EST barneymg@juno.com (Barney Gaylord)
writes:
>As an alternative, drill through the plug to let the oil out, then go
after the plug with an acetylene or map gas torch.  Brass will melt at a
much lower temperature than steel, so you should be able to melt the
brass plug and let it drip out of the threads by the time the steel
starts to glow dull red, much like melting solder. .....

OK.  It appears that this stuff I just stuck my foot in is pretty sticky
and slippery and smelly.  So I agree with the other respontents.  DON"T
DO IT !!!  I didn't realize the TD oil pan was cast aluminum and not
steel.

Barney Gaylord
1958 MGA with an attitude (and a little humility)