Re: MGB sway bars (was Re: MGB vs TR7 as first...)

To: Paul Hunt <paul.hunt1@virgin.net>
Subject: Re: MGB sway bars (was Re: MGB vs TR7 as first...)
From: Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
Date: Sun, 04 Jan 1998 11:41:40
Paul,

Truth be told, I don't have much experience in CB 'Bs, so
I can't really compare the two.   My suspension also has
some other changes besides the Hopkinson kit.  On the sway
bar side, the only change I've made to that kit is I use
harder front bushes.  I can (wet or dry, obviously easier
in the wet) kick the tail out if I want, but it feels
very progressive and straightening the car requires little
more than a flick of the wrist.

But then this brings up an interesting question:  my RB 'B
is currently a NB 'B (no bumpers), so I wonder if the lower
polar moment of inertia could be a consideration in this?

-Keith Wheeler

Team Sanctuary                  http://www.teamsanctuary.com/