Re: Dashpot Oil & MG songs

To: Scott Gardner <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>,
Subject: Re: Dashpot Oil & MG songs
From: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Date: Mon, 05 Jan 1998 02:58:36 -0500
Scott Gardner wrote:
>  If, as it has been said on this list, the
> little $8 bottle will fill four empty carbs, how much would you
> really spend on dashpot oil over the life of your car?

  Depends on your carbs, really.

  My ZS carbs leak it rather quickly, so I find myself
filling it weekly. (I know, fixing the leak is a small
job but I got a lot of small jobs in the queue!)

  My SU carbs don't seem to leak at all, but still even
filling the car once every time I take the carbs off
is enough times that $4/pop is a noticeable amount of
money to be burning for no reason.

--
Trevor Boicey
Ottawa, Canada