Re: Dashpot Oil & MG songs

To: tboicey@brit.ca
Subject: Re: Dashpot Oil & MG songs
From: Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 17:03:16 EST
In a message dated 98-01-04 01:28:13 EST, tboicey@brit.ca writes:

<< I can't see how such a simple application as a dashpot
 requires a dedicated and very expensive oil.

   Seems like Moss and VB just milking the ignorant.

 --
 Trevor Boicey
 Ottawa, Canada

 - >>
     My thoughts exactly!  Before the rebuild, the engine required a quart of
oil every 70-100 miles and the dashpot needed a like amount of attention if it
was going to start easily.  With the rebuild, the motor oil seems not to
vanish, and it even starts easily without the ZS screaming, "Feed Me!" The
carb has thus been put on a diet.
     The bottom line is that I could have spent a small fortune on oil, and my
carb doesn't really seem to care if it's sipping Rothchild's or Boones' Farm
Strawberry Hill(Oh come on don't act like some of you don't remember it!).
I'll spend my money on that 93 octane Rothchild's that my engine now likes!
To all of you, "Champagne
Wishes and Caviar Dreams.

Tom Green