Re: MGA superiority, long strokes, RBB stuff, Fergussons, Venoliaslugs

To: "Richard L. Bergstrom" <ric_bergstrom@juno.com>
Subject: Re: MGA superiority, long strokes, RBB stuff, Fergussons, Venoliaslugs
From: "Mike Gigante" <mikeg@vicnet.net.au>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 19:19:57 +1100
I'm afraid I can't give you specifics on piston speed, but that wont stop
me from generalising!!! :-)

I would hypothesise that the frictional losses would increase at a
non-linear
rate as sliding speed increases. Probably more significant is that the
resultant
heat and wear would also increase in a non-linear fashion.

I'd also guess that for say the 1100 A series engine, these effects probably
wouldn't become significant until well past 7000 rpm. This is based on the
redline of equivilent capacity short stroke m/cycle engines.

Mike

Mike Gigante                                       mikeg@vicnet.net.au
Watsons Creek Vineyard                     http://www.vicnet.net.au/~mikeg