Re: American Sports Car Trivia (no LBC)

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Re: American Sports Car Trivia (no LBC)
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 1998 16:02:20 +0000
> In a message dated 98-01-05 01:37:44 EST, gardner7@pilot.infi.net writes:
>
> >  I answered the T-bird, since there were no 1983
> >  Corvettes.
>
> Whoa, Scott, easy, boy, easy!
>
> Just because there was no specific model designated "1983" doesn't mean the
> car was out of production for that year. They produced '82s up to a point in
> time, and then began producing ''84s, with no break in production, if I am not
> mistaken.
>
> Dan Masters,
> Alcoa, TN

Dan,
        Well, I'd have to do more research to be sure, but I thought that
the delay was due to time overuns in developing the next generation
of Corvettes.  As for whether what they did constituted "continuous
production", I think it's kind of a semantics game.  If they had
continued to produce identical cars for ten years, rather than just
two, and sold them all as 1983 Corvettes, would you still call that
continous production?  Maybe.  I should have worded the question
differently, but thought that would make it too easy.
Scott