Re: Rear Tube Shock Conversion Plans

To: Andy Ramm <aramm@concentric.net>
Subject: Re: Rear Tube Shock Conversion Plans
From: "John J. Peloquin" <peloquin@mamba.bio.uci.edu>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 08:36:14 -0800 (PST)
Dear Dave,

Thanks a ton for your reposting of your conversion scheme. It sounds great
to me. At the risk of starting another thread, would there be any problem
with using grade 8 or aircraft grade bolts instead of grade 5? I've seen
posts that claim the higher grade bolts are stronger, but more brittle
which might cause problems in a suspension.

Please remember I'm not an engineer and I really don't know if that is
true or not. I'm sure the opinionated out there will let me know what they
think!

"Never ascribe to Malice that which can be explained by Ignorance"

John J. Peloquin
Molecular Biology &
  Biochemistry
3205 BioSciences II