Carb Rebuild

To: "MG List (E-mail)" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Carb Rebuild
From: Douglas Gaither <gaither@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Thu, 8 Jan 1998 21:08:19 -0800
I have a friend that is getting ready to rebuild his carbs (SU HS4) and he
is considering the purchase of the rebuild video that Moss offers in their
catalog.  My question is for those who have seen this video or know of it.

Is the video a waste of time?  My friend is not a professional mechanic,
and has never rebuilt an SU before, but he has rebuilt the motor in his
Honda.  So he is mechanically inclined.  What would you recommend he use to
guide him through the rebuild?  Is there a manual out that is a cut above
the rest for this task?  I understand that Haynes has a special SU Manual -
is it worth buying?

TIA

Doug Gaither
'66 MGB in primer that says 'sand me'