Re: MGB Brake rotors

To: Kevin Brown <MGTRAutoXr@sprintmail.com>
Subject: Re: MGB Brake rotors
From: John Steczkowski <stecz@pswtech.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Jan 1998 09:05:11 -0600
Aren't MGB rotors unvented? If they are unvented, there is not place for the
gases
that you are trying to vent togo since there is a brake pad on both sides of the
holes? This only works if the rotors are vented, then the gases can escape to
the
center of the rotor.

What's better than drilling (in just about every respect), and will actually
work on a
non-vented rotor, is slotting. And in fact in  Fred Puhn's (?) Brake Handbook,
he
suggests slotting the pads, accomplished the same thing and doesn't reduce the
mass of
the rotor.

--
John Steczkowski
Director, Business Systems Solutions, Central & West