Re: Rear speakers....

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Rear speakers....
From: Ross MacPherson <arm@bc.sympatico.ca>
Date: Fri, 9 Jan 1998 18:55:14 -0800 (PST)
At 08:01 PM 1/8/98 -0500, Jurgen wrote:
>At 07:40 PM 1/8/98 EST, Richard D. Arnold wrote:
>
>>Finally, I would recommend running a new 10-12 guage power line from the
>>power side of the fuse block (power at ignition only) and fuse the unit
>>separately, perhaps in the glove box or other accessible location.
>
>Sounds good to me, except you don't need this 10-12 guage wire.  A radio
will only
>pull maybe 3 amps max.  Just tap your cigarette lighter or other hot wire.

I have no idea how old you guys are but this may be a generational thing.
My car audio draws 3-4 amps.  My daughters boy friends car audio draws 20
-25 amps.  For him #12 AWG would be a good idea. `Course, I'd never point
that out to HIM, the little puke.........

Please excuse the OF syndrom.

  Ross MacPherson
 1947 MG-TC 3528
 1966 MGB-GT