Re: Rear speakers....

To: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca
Subject: Re: Rear speakers....
From: "Scott Gardner" <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 03:01:16 +0000
> Hi Scott:
>
> I would think that instructors in American Sign Language will be pretty
> much in demand over the next few years as the new generation of the
> self-induced deaf makes its way from the loud car to a permanently silenced
> world.  I wonder if US social services will be able to cope with the
> demand.  Of course, we could look on the bright side; many of them will not
> survive the roads because they can't hear the train, emergency vehicle or
> semi which is about to turn them into a wet spot on a woofer.  Imagine not
> being able to hear the sound of an MG as it hits 3500 rpm flat out.
>
> John

John,
        Having a powerful stereo doesn't make a person an irresponsible
listener any more than a fast car makes them an irresponsible
driver.  Most of the wattage in my stereo was for the subwoofers,
which were almost subsonic, so no ear woes there.  Also, I didn't
have 600 watts so that I could keep it at max blast all the time.  Do
you drive your car 110 mph everywhere you go?
        I don't mind your opinion that I'll go deaf early.  I am offended
that you imply that there is a "bright side" -- my premature death.
Scott

Scott Gardner
gardner@lwcomm.com
www.lwcomm.com/~gardner