Re: AM/FM/MPX 8 Track

To: Scott Gardner <gardner7@pilot.infi.net>
Subject: Re: AM/FM/MPX 8 Track
From: Mike Lishego <mikesl@tartan.sapc.edu>
Date: Sat, 10 Jan 1998 00:46:21 -0800
Scott Gardner wrote:
> Paul,
>         That 1960's AM/FM dual broadcast wins a permanent place in my "ugly
> kludge" collection!
>         As for the 8-tracks in cars...

        I was digging thru my Dad's (yes, I said Dad, OF's.  8-) old stereo
stuff, and
I came across an old reverb unit which i hooked up to my stereo for kicks.  It
lasted
10 minutes before becoming annoying and was subsequently removed.  I also found
an
ancient 4-track player, which he described as an early version of the 8-track.
Kooky.
 On the bottom of the box there was a turntable.  Here's where it blows my mind
- it
would mount under your dash so you could play records while on the road!!!
Crazy...
BTW, I still have two original 8-tracks for both of my 'Bs, '77 and '74.  I'm
going to
wire the one up for the '74 so I can swap it with my modern tape deck when I
want to
freak somebody out.  How many dates d'ya think I can get with an 8-track and
two
sparkomatic speakers?  Of course, how many dates do I get with my 100w per
channel,
graphic equalized, CD/Tape combo system?  8-)

--
Michael S. Lishego
St. Andrews Presbyterian College