Re: The 2004 MGG!!!

To: "MG digest submit" <mgs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: The 2004 MGG!!!
From: Phil Raby <mgworld@chp.ltd.uk>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 98 11:51:08 -0000
On 15/1/98 9:04 am Harris said

>While leafing through the latest issue of Automobile magazine, I read a
>small article about the 2004 MGG--the next MG!  It will be a
>front-engine/front drive car, similar in style to the MGF.  The best
>part is IT IS COMING TO THE STATES!!!!

Sounds like mere speculation, I'm afraid. There are new MGs being =
developed, but no drawings have been seen. Front-engine is a =
possiblity, as is front-wheel drive and have been talked about, but =
nothing more.

I've just read that the Land Rover Freelander is NOT going to the =
USA, which may affect whether the next MG will, because the LR uses =
the same K series engine and would also use the same dealer network. =
Keep your fingers crossed though.

MGG? Very unlikely name =AD think about it!

Philip Raby
Editor, MG World
PO Box 163, Bicester OX6 3YS, UK
Tel: 01869 340061 Fax: 01869 340063 Mobile 0467 767361
www.chp.ltd.uk