dual batteries?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: dual batteries?
From: Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 98 22:22:27 EST
Hey all,
In some of my reading on the web, I seem to be under the impression that
some MGBs came with dual 6-volt batteries instead of a single 12v
battery.

My questions:

1) Is this so?

2) Why?  Good scientific reasoning and anecdotal explanations are both
fine :-)

3) Where in the car are they stashed?  I don't recall seeing them in the
engine compartments of photos of cars I've seen, but maybe I missed
them.

Thanks in advance!   I'm sure I'll have a lot more basic questions like
this in the future.  Something for you all to look forward to :-)
--
Sean Bartnik
Fredericksburg, Virginia