MGA Jack points

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: MGA Jack points
From: MYLDN <MYLDN@aol.com>
Date: Wed, 21 Jan 1998 23:05:45 EST
Question? in many articals about winter storage and tire replacement it is
always strongly recomended that you do "NOT" place your jacks under the frame.
but instead place your front jacks under the A arms and on the rear under the
axil.
Now this may sound like a stupid question but why? Im doing a restoration on a
58 roadster, and when I want to work on either the front end or the rear
underside I always place the car up on four floor jacks under the frame.
Is this harming the frame in any way? or does it throw the body out of
alignment?
Sean Muldoon
58 Roadster.