Re: The NEW Avengers

To: <dmeadow@juno.com>
Subject: Re: The NEW Avengers
From: "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:07:34 -0500
Tara King (Linda Thorsen) was Steed's brunette partner who followed Mrs.
Peel in the late '60s.  Tara drove a Lotus Europa.  The blonde was Joanna
Lumley, who was the female partner in The New Avengers of the '70s, along
with a male partner named "Gareth" something (I agree, who cares).  I don't
know what the blonde drove, since I only watched a few episodes of The New
Avengers --- enough to see that it wasn't of the same calibre as the
original.  BTW....Mrs. Peel wasn't the first Steed sidekick.  The series
began about 1961 as sort of a straight detective show.  The female lead
then was Honor Blackman, of "Goldfinger" fame.  I have videotapes of these
episodes, and they are kind of weird.

Steve Byers
Havelock, NC USA
'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain