Re: The NEW Avengers

To: byers@cconnect.net
Subject: Re: The NEW Avengers
From: dmeadow@juno.com
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 17:52:25 -0600
On Thu, 22 Jan 1998 18:32:10 -0500 "Steve Byers" <byers@cconnect.net>
writes:
>> Tell you what, Phil. I'll trade you the X Files for Mystery. And if
>Diana
>> Rigg comes with the package, you can have Vanna White, and two
>players to
>> be named later.
>>  I've been in lust with Diana Rigg since the original Avenger
>series,
>> when she wore those TIGHT leather outfits, and drove a pull handle
>MGB
>> (obligatory LBC content satisfied)
>> Rick Morrison
>> 72 MGBGT
>> 74 Midget
>

>Hey, Rick -  Avengers Fan #1 here.  I have all the episodes on
>videotape
>and have watched them a thousand times.  Mrs. Peel's car was a  Lotus
>Elan.
> Don't think I ever saw her in an MGB (she did drive a Mercedes once).
>
>Diana Rigg was the best sidekick Steed ever had, but it's Tara King
>that
>makes my S.U.s overflow!
>
>Steve Byers
>Havelock, NC USA
>'73 Midget GAN5UD126009G  "OO NINE"
>"It is better to remain silent, and be thought a fool
>than to speak, and remove all doubt"  -- Mark Twain

You're absolutely right.  Mrs. Peel drove the Elan, while her blonde
replacement (Tara?) that drove the MGB in The _New_ Avengers.  The New
Avengers had also a male sidekick (who cares?) that drove a Jag XJ-S.
BTW, I don't think Mrs. Peel's cat suits were leather, but of course I
was much too involved in the plots to look closely (ahem!).  Fortunately,
Steed's Bentley and Mrs. Peel were rarely in the same shot, so  drooling
could be limited to one object of desire at a time.

David Littlefield
'62 MGA MkII
'51 MGTD
'88 Jaguar XJ-S (new toy, vroom! vroom!)