Re: UK Historic Vehicle Survey

To: gardner7@pilot.infi.net
Subject: Re: UK Historic Vehicle Survey
From: gofastmg@juno.com (Rick Morrison)
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 18:00:44 EST
On Sun, 25 Jan 1998 10:42:49 +0000 "Scott Gardner"
<gardner7@pilot.infi.net> writes:
SNIP SNIP
>So a full third of the cars are daily drivers, but only 4% of the
>owners drive any one of their classic cars more than 10,000 miles a
>year?  I don't know how many miles they consider "regular" transport,
>but I put two hundred miles a week on mine, just going to work!
>       I'm also a little confused about the footnote.  How could MG
>owners
>own a modern vehicle the same marque as their collector cars?  With
>the exception of the few people owning MGFs, there ARE no modern MGs!

Lets not forget the MG RV8,  the Maestro, and Montego (did I get all the
names right Phil)
Rember Scott, they're talking about the UK, not the the US. They have
access to several MG models that never crossed the Alantic pond. Granted
some may have been badge engineered from other Rover models, but for
purposes of the survey, they fit the criteria of a modern vehicle of the
same marque.

Rick Morrison
72 MGBGT
74 Midget