Re: Most painful MGB procedure?

To: keithw@sand.net
Subject: Re: Most painful MGB procedure?
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 21:22:56 EST
On Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:18:48 -0800 Keith Wheeler <keithw@sand.net>
writes:
>Saturday I spent the day replacing that rubber strip that goes between
>the windscreen frame and body.
>
>With the help of a couple of friends, working the seal onto the
>frame wasn't so bad, but arg! putting the frame back on the car.
>
>I ended up pulling the dash and I'm still not happy with how
>everything
>is.
>
>And the factory manual says basically remove it, replace the seal, put
>it back on.  I don't think I've ever done anything that frustrating on
>an MG, and I've done it all, body work, welding, floor replacement,
>engines, suspension, interior...
>
>Anyone devised a fairly painless method of MGB windscreen replacement?
>
>Or was I just blundering this time?
>
>The biggest problem was getting the frame to set down all the way on
>the
>body, with the frame holes aligned.
>
>-Keith Wheeler
>Team Sanctuary                 http://www.teamsanctuary.com/

Yup, Looks like you found all the frustrations that are inherent to the
job!!!
(except actually replacing the glass then putting the long screws in the
short holes and cracking it - that ones a peach!!)

mike robson
69 roadster (windscreen coming off soon - dammit)
70 BGT (phew............)
72 roadster (done last time by a pro!!)

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]