Re: garage heaters

To: ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU
Subject: Re: garage heaters
From: Teacher122 <Teacher122@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:30:42 EST
In a message dated 98-01-27 12:15:18 EST, ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU writes:

<< Not directly near the gas tank, but in an open space in the garage. I
 touught about the possibility of a fire but I don't see it as any more
 dangerous than any other flame in a garage. My main concern was burning
 the paint off the cars that the heater was between. After a few hours of
 use it didn't seem as if it would happen.
 ....Art

My main thought here is that the heater should be off of the floor as gasoline
fumes settle to the lowest points first.  I recently looked at a new house
with a gas furnace and hot water heater located in a basement garage. I'd
never be able to sleep at night in that house!
Tom Green