Re: FCC and Internet Access

To: richard.arnold@juno.com (Richard D. Arnold)
Subject: Re: FCC and Internet Access
From: Benjamin Ruset <bruset@monmouth.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 12:37:14 -0500
>In regards to our recent discussions of the FCC and Internet access, an
>article appeared in NewsWeek last week.  As it contained information that
>appeared contrary to what was decided by the FCC in a prior question, I
>e-mailed NewsWeek to determine the sources in the article, and received
>the following response.

Who needs the phone company?

I just stared my new job last week -- installing *cable modems*.

Let me tell you -- you have not seen fast until you see this. I downloaded
a 20
meg file in under one minute. And it has nothing to do with the phone company!
=)

By me, they charge $40 a month - including the lease on the modem itself. It
may be higher or lower depending on where you live, but -- I would start
bugging your local cable company to get this system! It's *fantastic!*

BEN RUSET - http://www.monmouth.com/~bruset
Safety Fast & MG Cars Webring -  http://www.infi-pos.com/~oasis