Re: oil feed pipe.

To: stritle@epix.net, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: oil feed pipe.
From: JMerz140@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Jan 1998 09:40:12 EST
Steve,
The early TDs had a banjo bolt at the upper or head end with a flex line
adapter built as a part of it.  The banjos themselves at each end of the line
were identical and the lower bolt was called a "round head" I think.  Later
TDs had a different line.  The upper banjo was the same as the early version
but the lower banjo had the flex line adapter built in to it.  Both the banjo
bolts were slightly different than the early lower "round head" type.  I have
seen the later type line installed with the flex line adapter at the head end
but I think that's incorrect.  The "improved" line is supposed to be installed
with the built in flex line adapter at the block.  I don't know why the
"improvement" was made.
If you have to remove the line between the head and block, you dont have to
prime the oil pump.  Whatever air is in the line will push through to the
rocker shaft and not be a problem.  The oil pressure gauge seems to take care
of itself and doesn't need to be bled.  Jim