Re: Challenge (No LBC content -- I think)

To: simon_matthews@avanticorp.com (Simon Matthews)
Subject: Re: Challenge (No LBC content -- I think)
From: Sean Bartnik <sbart7kb@www.mwc.edu>
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 98 17:44:16 EST

> What was the last type (and year) of car sold in Western Europe or the US
> which had a starting handle?

Hmmm, I know the VW Beetle had one until 1950.  Of course, Beetles were
first sold in the US in 1949, and I think that was the last year for the
starting crank.  VW sold 2 Beetles in the US in 1949 :-)

I belive the VW Type 2 (Van) also had a starting handle in the first few
years of its US sales, which was 1955 or so - ?

Doubt that's the latest though, you guys can probably come up with
something more obscure :-)

--
Sean Bartnik
Fredericksburg, Virginia