Re: Alternator and radiator overflow stuff

To: ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU, mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Alternator and radiator overflow stuff
From: DANMAS@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Feb 1998 18:51:24 EST
In a message dated 1/30/98 8:01:28 PM Eastern Standard Time,
ch155@FreeNet.Buffalo.EDU writes:

> 2. They have a one wire alternator that bypasses the voltage
>  regulator and connects directly to the battery with 1 wire (hence the
>  name!) It sells for about $79 for the 80 amp unit. They also sell a kit
>  for $21 to $30 dollars that converts a GM alternator to a one wire unit.

Art,

At the risk of sounding like a broken record, I would like to reiterate my
opposition to the use of a one-wire alternator in an MG.  I won't bore the
list with a rehash of my objections, but if any one is interested, I will be
glad to respond to an off-list e-mail.

Dan Masters,
Alcoa, TN

'74 MGBGT---3000mile/year driver, original condition, slated for a V8 soon!
'68 MGBGT---organ donor for the '74