Re: GT Windscreen

To: gmccann@pcug.org.au
Subject: Re: GT Windscreen
From: miker15@juno.com (michael j robson)
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 19:56:30 EST
On Wed, 04 Feb 1998 08:37:47 +1100 Graham McCann <gmccann@pcug.org.au>
writes:

>Does this give you a case of the shakes when attempting the job?
>Maybe you
>should find a windscreen shop who has not done a GT before and get a
>fixed
>price quote before they start, having made sure you can buy
>replacement
>strips when they are damaged.  It is actually not quite so bad if you
>re-use the old rubbers seals (undesirable as that may be).  The
>problem is
>that the strips bend easily, the edges damage easily and it is
>difficult to
>get the ends finishing up at the centre point.
>
>Beat of luckGraham
>97 MGF
I know all the roadster frames were the famous "two guys" - did they do
the GTs as well? - if theyre still around can we fid them!!!!!!?
The windscreen and hatch trims are probably the most valuable parts you
can take off a GT parts car,
Just look at the prices in the Moss or VB catalogues! - and - I have
heard that the fit of these replacements leaves a lot to be desired - I
think Mr Houser may have recent experience of this - hehe - Any comment
Dave?
Since it is so tricky, i cant imagine why one would keep the old rubber
and frankly, Id want a glass shop that knew EXACTLY what they were doing!

mike robson
69 roadster
70 BGT (where i did the hatch rubber and vowed NEVER to do the
windscreen!)
72 roadster

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]