What is the stock tire size for a '71 B?

To: mgs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: What is the stock tire size for a '71 B?
From: BobMGT@aol.com
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 23:29:01 EST
I have a set of Sears 185/75R14's on my 71 B (courtesy of the PO). These look
awfully big to me. Even some of my friends who aren't familiar with MGs have
commented that they look big. What is the proper stock tire size for this car?
Any specific recommendations while we're at it?

BTW, does anyone know of any good reference material on tires? I'm quit
ignorant in this area, especially on how to interpret the size numbers. Maybe
a web site?

Bob Donahue (Still stuck in the '50s)
EMAIL - BOBMGT@AOL.COM
52 MGTD - under DIY restoration NEMGTR #11470
71 MGB   - AMGBA #96-12029, NAMGBR #7-3336